Country houses made of glued beams
Country houses made of glued beams
We have been producing our glued-beam houses in Russia for over 20 years
- Sokol Timber Company is Segezha Group’s house-building industrial site.
- Sokol Timber Company was the first Russian Company to master the technology of building houses from glued beams over 20 years ago; now it is the leader in the manufacturing and promotion of deep woodworking products on the Russian market.
- Houses built from glued beams are visually attractive: wood is carefully sorted during the production process, and boards with knots, holes, fractures and other defects are discarded.
- For production of ready house-building sets we use northern coniferous species grown in Arkhangelsk and Vologda Regions and Karelia Republic. Short northern summer makes these types of wood strong, dense and moisture-resistant with small tight knots. These qualities are valued in wooden architecture.
- Only legally harvested, high-quality and ecologically pure wood is used for our ready house-building sets. The whole production chain of wood delivery “from supplier to user” is FSC certified.
- Houses built from glued beams have elegant appearance even with minimal finishing (sanding and painting). The quality of the surfaces is comparable with that of furniture panels. Upon the customer’s request, other materials can be used for indoor decoration, such as ceramic tiles, parquet or valuable wood.
- Houses can be built in any climatic zone, irrespectively of the season. Due to low shrinkage factor (less than 1%), such houses can be built in northern or southern latitudes, and in regions with high humidity.
- The construction of a house from glued beams can take from several weeks to several months, depending on the project complexity. All house elements are labeled and have correlating sizes and shapes.
- Segezha Group offers both conventional country houses and tailor-made projects taking into account the construction site topography. The house is ideally fitted to the land plot taking into account the terrain features and the cardinal directions. The Group of Companies employs its own architects who work with various architectural styles. Also, the Group can outsource services of third-party architects and architectural firms upon the customer’s request.
- Recently, Segezha Group has started the development of building competences in the area of low-rise comprehensive development employing glued wooden structures.
During our 20 years of history, we have implemented more than 3500 projects in Russia and abroad.
Segezha Group advantages
Top 7 competitive advantages of ready house-building sets produced by Segezha Group:
- Easiness to erect
- Good performance
- Cost effectiveness
- Environmental safety
Our working principles and advantages
We do not merely offer to build a country house. We work together with our customers to design the future house, and we strive to fulfill every wish of the customer. We design the house according to the actual topography of the site rather than in some abstract space. Your house will be ideally suited to the site taking into account the topography and the cardinal directions.
Our architects work with various architectural styles. Also, the Group can outsource services of third-party architects and architectural firms upon the customer’s request.
Your house components are manufactured from northern wood species at our own industrial site, on equipment of world leader firms.
The building of the house requires high skills. You can use our turnkey package, or order only some of the works.
Glued beams manufacture starts from sawing debarked wood into boards. After that, lamella segments sorted by size and quality are dried in special-purpose kilns up to 8-18% moisture content depending on the beam type and glue quality. Tekmawood and Myulbok-Vanichek kilns with automatic flow control provide for +/- 1.5% accuracy.
Dried lamella segments undergo acceptance test for moisture content and warpage on XR Microtech 702 system which performs automatic sorting of the timber using color and X-ray laser scanning. The material is sorted into C16-C45 strength grades and visual grades. Scanning also provides for flaw marking.
Automatic temperature monitoring and maintenance of temperature (+20ºC) and humidity (50%) modes guarantees best conditions for gluing.
The butts obtained as a result of lamella sectors’ sorting are shaped into jagged profile. After that, glue is applied, less than 1% of the glued beam volume. The length of glued lamellar beams can be 12 to 13.5 m. Lamella segments are pressed together into semi-finished beams of appropriate diameter. For ideal gluing quality, Kallesoe (Denmark) HFC press is used. It heats the material on molecular level, which decreases glue spending and increases efficiency. DUCET (Canada) cold hydraulic press provides for increase of the item’s geometric size, gluing the beam along two planes.
The ready beams are lathed and cut (profiled). The elements of the future building are factory-manufactured which guarantees precision and fitting of the joints.
We use Akzo Nobel Cascomin glue and MUF system (1257 for Russia, 1265 for Japan), as well as PRF system 1717/2525 and EPI system 1937/1943.
Our materials correspond to established emission grades (for instance, formaldehyde).
NLC DOMOSTROENIYE produces houses from glued timber.
Every house is unique! We are proud of every project!
House projects are represented by two concepts: houses 100 to 300 m2 and houses over 300 m2.
Adverse environmental conditions of large cities drive people into the suburbs. Small wooden cottages (100 to 300 m2) are popular today. The uniqueness of glued-beam cottages is determined by special qualities of the material and by production technology.
Glued timber beams offer limitless opportunities for experiments with construction solutions. One can make a posh country house of our high-tech glued beams. The house will be environmentally safe and durable, and there will be special atmosphere about it.
For construction of saunas, Segezha Group uses top quality materials, namely glued beams made of coniferous wood. This construction material is durable and esthetic, and its moisture content is low. Coniferous wood will provide for nice smell inside the sauna. Coniferous species also emanate healing substances into the air.
Pavilions are small architectural forms. The model range is represented by six projects: Shalet, Country, Octagon, A-la Russe, T-module, V-module and A-module.
We also offer BS-8 and BS-4 pavilions.
Wooden construction products offered by Segezha Group:
Wooden elements and items for plane beam houses, glued profiled wall beams
14% or less
Wooden elements and items for low-rise frame buildings, including residential and administrative buildings
14% or less
Houses built from glued beams are esthetically attractive, as wood is carefully sorted during the production process, and boards with knots, holes, fractures and other defects are discarded.
House sets are packed into waterproof polyethylene film.
The sets are shipped in containers, by motor transport or by railway.
42 to 45 m3 for motor transport
42 m3 containers 40 to 45’, loaded in Saint-Petersburg.